“Ponder for a long time whether you shall admit a given person to your friendship; but when you have decided to admit him, welcome him with all your heart and soul.”
“Friendship is unnecessary,” C.S. Lewis wrote, “like ph…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.