Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.