5 Ways to Leave Work Behind and Reboot Your Soul
As summer approaches, you might be deciding if you have the time or money for a vacation. Americans have been taking fewer vacation days.
At one time Americans used their vacation days, according to research by Project: Time Off. We took an average of 20.3 days a…
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.