“Forgiving someone doesn’t mean that their behavior was ‘OK.’ What it does mean is that we’re ready to move on. To release the heavy weight. To shape our own life, on our terms, without any unnecessary burdens. Forgiveness is pure freedom—and forgiveness is a choice.” ~Dr. Suzanne Gelb
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.