by Noor Baizura
Every each one of us is unique.
That is why Stigma deserves a stick in the eye.
Our unique personality, experience and nature
Requires us to navigate how we interact and reac…
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.