I am so excited to announce my forthcoming book, Your Best Year Ever! But I need your help—Will you take a few moments to let me know whi…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.