Sometimes, people commit suicide and it does make some sense. It’s scary and upsets our world, but on a basic level we understand. The suicide of Robin Williams comes to mind. He had a history of depression and his health was failing. Oh how we all wish he could have found more help, but I don’t think it was as much surprising as…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.