“The true artist is not proud… Though he may be admired by others, he is sad not to have reached that point to which his better genius only appears as a distant, guiding sun.”
“The Artist is no other than he who unlearns what he has learned, in order to know himself,” E.E. Cummings wrote in contemplating what it me…
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.