“Maybe the reason nothing seems to be ‘fixing you’ is because you’re not broken… You have a unique beauty and purpose; live accordingly.” ~Steve Maraboli
Have you ever seen a woman down a family-sized tin of chickpeas?
Or eat six pita pockets stuffed full of avocado, cheese, tomato, and onion?
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.