“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” ~Mark Twain
Time is the most precious asset we’ve got. It means life, and it’s never coming back.
In a world where everyone seems to be in a rush, it feels like time is flying. Not sure about you, but when I was a child, I fe…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.