How to Step Back, Ask Questions, and Get Results
If you’ve ever had the benefit of a great coach, you know just how powerful coaching can be. But leaders know it can sometimes be difficult to coach the people on your own team.
It’s one of the main reasons people are reluctant to delegate work in their Drudg…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.