Fliss blogs over at Sweet Clean Living, focusing on personal development for the mind and body. Whether you want to banish your insomnia, improve your self confidence or learn how to avoid toxic people, Fliss has something for you – try her free 50 Every Day Life Hacks Cheat Sheet and have your best day ever – every day!
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.