“Like a sandcastle, all is temporary. Build it, tend it, enjoy it. And when the time comes, let it go.” ~Jack Kornfield
I picked up the butter cookies and a small postcard-sized painting I had brought for her.
I took the third-floor hotel elevator down.
Closing my eyes, I took several deep breath…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.