“The universe throws down a challenge to the human spirit… We have a right to our moods of sober exultation.”
“The notion that science a…
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.