4 Ways to Kick the Mouse Habit and Save Time
I am not a big fan of computer mice. Every time I have to take my hand off the keyboard, it costs me a few seconds. This may not sound like much, but it adds up over the course of a day.
Instead, I like to keep my hands on the keyboard. With a little memory work an…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.