“Feel all the things. Feel the hard things. The inexplicable things, the things that make you disavow humanity’s capacity for redemption… Feel afraid. Feel powerless. Feel frozen. And then FOCUS.”
“This is precisely the time when artists go to work,” Toni Morrison wrote in her electrifying case for the artist’s task in troubled times. “There is no time for despair, no place for self-pity, no need for silence, no room for fear. That is how civilizat…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.