A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.