“There is no such thing as successful aging because aging is damage.”
– Art De Vany
Dr. Arthur De Vany is nearly eighty years old and ripped. Better known as Art De Vany, he was signed as a professional baseball player in his youth and later earned his Ph.D. in Econom…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.