How to Spot the Relationships that Will Only Drag You Down
Several years ago I had a client who was really “high maintenance.” This was someone with unreasonable expectations of me and my company.
Unfortunately, I didn’t see that on the front end. I was too focused on the supposed opportunity. As you can …
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.