An ode to the human zest for “bowing before the oracle-eye, hungry for what it would find.”
At the turn of the twentieth century, Henrietta Swan Leavitt — one of the remarkab…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.