“The Tao is always at ease. It overcomes without competing, answers without speaking a word, arrives without being summoned, accomplishes without a plan.” ~Lao-Tsu
As a longtime meditator and participant in the awakening process I am constantly on the lookout for hints that illuminate the path. I am open to the…
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.