Wisdom on mortality and the aliveness of the heart from an ancient tree and the boy who loved it.
Since long before researchers began to illuminate the astonishing science of what trees feel and how they communicate, the human imagination has communed with the arboreal world and found in it a boundless universe of kinship. A seventeenth-century gardener wrote of ho…
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.