“She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom.” ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
Why do we stress ourselves out? Why is it that being productive and getting tasks done is more important than healing and taking the time to feel calm?
Stress and anxiety can affect our lives in so many different ways. A few ye…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.