“How thankful I am today, to know that all my past struggles were necessary for me to be where I am now.” ~Unknown
I met my ex-boyfriend, let’s call him Derek, through work. We were introduced through mutual co-workers, and then we hit it off and began dating.
We had a connection right away, partly bas…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.