“At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” ~Christine Mason Miller
Eighth grade was a bit of a bad year for me, if I’m being honest. The dust had settled after the seventh grade popularity battle, and I had some close friends and we were mostly surviving, but there was …
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.