Hi everyone! This is my third week sharing coloring pages from the soon-to-be-released Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude Journal (available for pre-order now.) Previously, I shared the nature coloring page and the vacation coloring page.
This one’s a no-brainer for me. Though I could live without it (did i…
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.