“In every act of love and will — and in the long run they are both present in each genuine act — we mold ourselves and our world simultaneously. This is what it means to embrace the future.”
“Real generosity toward t…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.