“Life is short. Focus on what matters and let go of what doesn’t.” ~Unknown
Our most precious commodities are not our smartphones, 3D TVs, brand new cars, or even our big and impressive houses.
Our most precious commodities can’t be found at the bank. They can’t be ordered online. The truth is, they are on a v…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.