Living with bipolar disorder is chock full of uncertainty. You never know when you might be well. You …
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.