“The broken hearted are the bravest among us—they dare to love.” ~Brené Brown, Rising Strong
Are you finished grieving your breakup and want to get over your ex once and for all?
Don’t get me wrong. Grieving is important. Actually, it’s imperative.
But there is such thing as grieving for too long…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.