Hi everyone! This is my fourth week sharing coloring pages from the soon-to-be-released Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude Journal (available for pre-order now.) Previously, I shared:
The nature coloring page
The vacation coloring page
The technology coloring page
I have a hard time answering this one because I̵…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.