Hi everyone! This is my fourth week sharing coloring pages from the soon-to-be-released Tiny Buddha’s Gratitude Journal (available for pre-order now.) Previously, I shared:
The nature coloring page
The vacation coloring page
The technology coloring page
I have a hard time answering this one because I’m a huge an…
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.