A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.