“I am good at walking away. Rejection teaches you how to reject.” ~Jeanette Winterson
Rejection is something that can impact all the big parts of our lives—friends and loved ones, education, jobs, and romantic relationships. It can change how we see ourselves, paralyze us into not taking chances, and even m…
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.