“These moments are rare, and they come without warning… They are the ineffable reward of him who scans the face of Nature.”
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.