4 Ways You Can Get the Rest You Need for the Results You Want
No sleep.” “I’ll sleep when I’m dead.” “Sleep is for the weak.” I often see motivational statements like these hashtagged on social media.
The idea is to spur high-achievers on to work harder for better results. But what if that’s exa…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.