“At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.” ~Christine Mason Miller
Eighth grade was a bit of a bad year for me, if I’m being honest. The dust had settled after the seventh grade popularity battle, and I had some close friends and we were mostly surviving, but there was o…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.