After you enjoy the posts on this blog, I hope you will join me on Facebook and leave your comments on my more personal posts. I also do a weekly Q&A session on Facebook that is a lot of fun! Click here to read one of my posts about athletes and mental health. Facebook readers help me with r…
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.