“Loving anybody and being loved by anybody is a tremendous danger, a tremendous responsibility.”
“Every person of ordinary sex endow…
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.