Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.