“How thankful I am today, to know that all my past struggles were necessary for me to be where I am now.” ~Unknown
I met my ex-boyfriend, let’s call him Derek, through work. We were introduced through mutual co-workers, and then we hit it off and began dating.
We had a connection right away, partly base…
People have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.