A lyrical love letter to “the small bipeds with the giant dreams.”
“We [are] a species endowed with hope and perseverance, at least a little intelligence…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.