“Don’t buy complexity; the simpler you make your training, the better the results become.”
– Ryan Flaherty
Ryan Flaherty (@ryanflaherty1) is the Senior Director of Performance at Nike. Prior to holding that position, Ryan was the Founder and President of …
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.