Major Motivators that Build Trust and Increase Success
As a leader, you have an effect on people. When you leave the room, people either feel taller or smaller. This is an almost super-hero power, but, unfortunately, leaders are often unconscious of it.
A few years ago, I met with an author I had always admired…
A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.