People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.