Travel can make my bipolar disorder worse. Knowing this can make me fear travel. It’s not t…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.