A lot of people have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.