“If you’re hysterical, it’s historical.” ~Anonymous
I had been having problems with my email. I dreaded calling technical support, since my experience in the past involved sitting for a long time on hold and listening to someone reading from a script instead of thinking creatively about my problem. However, since I…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.