A poetic meditation on “the sole prescription, not for survival — which is meaningless — but for a society worthy to survive.”
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.