A gentle reminder that the most beautiful things in life belong to no one and to everyone.
Wellbeing, argued the great humanistic philosopher and psychologist Erich Fromm …
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.